The Ballarat Cricket Association Board met earlier this week to consider season 2020/21 during the current Covid-19 situation.
There were also four Cricket Victoria staff involved in the meeting to provide further information and advice.
With five weeks of lockdown left, the Board has decided that making any changes to the season now would be unfeasible and has decided to wait until the Government and Health Authorities have made their decisions on future guidelines.
The best case scenario is a return to competition on October 3, with a 3-week training period leading up to the start of season.
A meeting of the Board has been scheduled for September 14, at which it is anticipated information will be available around playing conditions, formats, regulations and protocols.