Ballarat City Council has adopted a revised Procurement Policy after Chief Executive Officer Janet Dore formed a working group of independent council officers to review the former policy.
The working group recommended several amendments to the former Procurement Policy including:
· Adding financial limits when using approved suppliers
· Outlining requirements for evaluating tenders and quotations
· Outlining a new way of evaluating price for both tenders and quotes using the ‘Value for Money’ formula where submissions will be evaluated on project quality and comparative criteria before pricing is considered
· A weighted scoring method which outlines the circumstances when submitted tenders may be omitted from evaluation
· Updating sustainability and environmental purchasing clauses
· Adding a breakdown on how local content is scored
The policy, which will be reviewed in six months, has also referenced the Victorian Local Government Best Practice Guidelines 2013.