The McDonalds Ballarat FNL has announced the 2020 fixture for the upcoming McDonalds Ballarat senior football and netball season.
After the release of the draft fixture at the AGM, club feedback was sought and it is pleasing to say that over 80% of club initial requests and feedback points have been able to be accommodated in the final fixture.
Some highlights for clubs include:
- Season commences on Saturday 18th April 2020.
- Round two will see four games under lights as part of ANZAC Day at Bacchus Marsh, Alfredton (Ballarat FNC), Wendouree Reserve (Lake Wendouree FNC) and Sunbury.
- Two Sunday games will be held through the season, round two where Melton South will host Redan and Round 15 will see North Ballarat City host Lake Wendouree at Mars Stadium.
- Interleague will continue in 2020 with the Ballarat FNL to host traditional rivals, the Bendigo FNL on Saturday 2nd May 2020, most likely at Mars Stadium (pending availability).
- The league is pleased to once again support a number of important community issues and fundraising initiatives through promoted themed rounds in 2020. These include: Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation – “Love The Game Round”; Ronald McDonald House Charity; Women In Football / Respect For Women (including the annual Women In Football Lunch);TAC – Towards Zero; Indigenous Round.
- Carlton Draught Senior finals will commence the weekend of 29th / 30th August with games again to be scheduled at the preferred finals venues of Darley Park, City Oval and Eastern Oval.
- The Carlton Draught Grand Final will again be held at Mars Stadium on Saturday 19th September 2020.