Hepburn Shire Council is pleased to announce that it adopted the 2019/20 Budget at its Council meeting last week.
Mayor, Cr Don Henderson, said that the 2019/20 Budget funds new projects and delivers important services for the community without any new borrowings.
“Rates, Government Grants and other income allows Council to fund more than 100 services across the Shire. The services range from maintenance and construction of footpaths, roads and bridges, managing our public open spaces and leisure facilities, supporting local arts and culture, and providing services like maternal and child health,” said Cr Henderson.
The Capital Works Program for 2019/20 will be $9.84 million, which equates to 55% of general rates.
“The $9.84 million Capital Works Program for 2019/20 will be used to improve, renew and create new infrastructure, with large and small projects to be delivered across the Shire,”.
The Budget includes new and continuing initiatives, including:
- Upgrade disabled parking spaces ($79,000).
- Continuation of construction works of the Creswick Trails ($981,000)
- Increased maintenance of aquatic facilities ($97,000) and preventive building maintenance ($85,000)
- Continuation of the Hepburn Planning Scheme Review ($120,000)
- Implementation of actions from the Biodiversity ($86,000), Economic Development ($30,000), Active Women and Girls ($10,000) and Youth Strategies ($100,000).
“We are looking forward to working with the community on the development and implementation of these works over the coming year. I would like to thank community members who provided feedback on the draft Budget,” said Cr Henderson.