Excitement is building in the CBD as the city begins its transformation into a winter wonderland for the 2019 Ballarat Winter Festival.
Crews will soon start work on the construction of the pop-up ice skating rink, with drivers advised to prepare for some changes to traffic and parking in the immediate Town Hall precinct.
From Monday, Ballarat residents driving through the city will notice a number of changes to parking and traffic in Armstrong Street South to allow for the safe construction of the rink.
These changes will remain in place between Monday 17 June and Wednesday 31 July to allow for the set-up, operation and removal of the ice skating rink.
• Armstrong Street South will be closed from Sturt Street to the rear of the Town Hall
• Access into Bath Lane is permitted from the Dana Street direction
• Access to the Myer loading dock will be unimpeded; deliveries can access the dock from the Dana Street direction
• The Ballarat Visitor Information long vehicle and caravan parking will be temporarily relocated from the back of the Town Hall to the front of the Town Hall in Sturt Street
• Regular vehicles will still be able to access the visitor parks at the rear entrance of Town Hall (accessible from Dana Street)
• Alternate visitor parking can be accessed along Armstrong Street South, or the multi-storey car park at Central Square
• The Myer taxi rank will be relocated to the two car parks directly out the front of the Central Square Post Office in Armstrong Street South.
Tickets are now one sale for the pop-up ice skating rink, which will this year include new themed sessions.
The new Neon Disco sessions include a short professional performance and general skate session to music and lights, with skaters encouraged to dress in neon.
Also available for the first time this year is exclusive rink hire, allowing large groups to book the rink for their own private use.
The pop-up ice skating rink will open on Saturday 29 June and run through until Sunday 21 July.
Bookings are essential and can be booked online at ballaratwinterfestival.com.au