Civic Hall stage two works will be up for discussion at the June 12 Ballarat City Council meeting.
A recommendation to provide in-principle support for a $2 million capital works package to be considered through the 2019/20 budget process will be debated.
The works would include:
- A commercial kitchen, which will substantially reduce costs for events where catering is required
- The power load to meet commercial kitchen demands
- Ease of access to load large and heavy sets and equipment on stage, which currently limits the venue’s ability to accommodate larger scale performing arts-based events
- Rigging for lighting and sound solutions suspended above the stage
- Furnishings to accommodate the needs of hirers and venue users, including soft furnishings in meeting rooms, dressing rooms, green room and foyers, along with an extra 300 auditorium chairs
Stage one works have been completed and included:
- The restoration of the Civic Hall main hall and foyer as a multi-use space
Civic Hall management will take a strong commercial focus, with staff already identifying the short, medium and longer-opportunities to stimulate and attract economic activation and renewal of the precinct.