All your Christmases will come at once with the return of Sovereign Hill’s Christmas in July: Winter Wonderlights, from Saturday 29 June until Sunday 21 July, 2019.
During the day visitors can enjoy fun-filled pantomimes and theatre performances, join in Christmas themed arts and crafts, stock up on traditional Christmas decorations, sample our delicious, limited edition Winter Wonderlights lemon meringue drops, and try to catch the cheeky Gingerbread man. Faux snow will fall at regular intervals over the Victorian-style buildings and the smell of Christmas treats will fill the air as visitors are swept up in the excitement of a special European-style Christmas.
By night, listen to live music, dance in the faux snowfalls and watch on as Sovereign Hill is transformed with an incredible new light projection show.
More than 95,000 visitors enjoyed the three-week event in 2018, and with large crowds expected again this year Wonderlight-goers are encouraged to pre-book at www.winterwonderlights.com.au to avoid missing out, with tickets now on sale.
Winter Wonderlights At A Glance
– More than 15kms of fairy lights will add a magical touch to Sovereign Hill’s gardens, including a NEW light tunnel.
– Find Sir Ginger getting up to mischief on Main Street.
– Watch flames erupt from the Sovereign Hill chimney.
– Dance in the faux snow.
– Let the European street market tempt you.
– Over 25 buildings will come alive with large-scale light projections, the largest light projection spectacle ever staged in one site anywhere in Australia.
– The Winter Wonderlights will commence each evening as the sun sets.
Visitors coming to experience Winter Wonderlights this year can also book tickets to see Sovereign Hill’s new sound and light show Aura, which will run each evening following the Winter Wonderlights show. Set under the stars, and featuring hundreds of stunning projections to create an immersive storytelling experience, Aura is the perfect compliment to the Winter Wonderlights show.