Stage 2of the Ballarat Train Station Precinct Development is well under way.
This second stage will see the refurbishment of the Goods Shed as well as construction of the Quest hotel.
Regional Development Victoria states the development is going to include the following:
– a new 77 room, 4.5 star, Quest hotel located on the North-West side of the development
– a full refurbishment to the Goods Shed
– a conference center with both retail and dining options nearby
– a 2 story commuter car park with 270 parking spaces
– an additional 150 car parks for people visiting the complex
– improved pedestrian access with walkways and crossings being added
– a plaza for use of public events
– 140 jobs for the local community