The community consultation for the Brown Hill Local Area Plan has been extended until Monday 1 April.
The City of Ballarat has partnered with the Brown Hill community to develop a draft paper to inform the Brown Hill Local Area Plan.
Brown Hill and its unique features are important to the people of Ballarat. That’s why we want to hear from you about your thoughts on this project to ensure we’ve got it right.
The City of Ballarat has released three potential scenarios for the future of Brown Hill based on community consultation.
This draft paper sets out options to manage and guide future land use, development and improvements in Brown Hill.
The community’s key identified priorities are to:
- Keep the country atmosphere and bushland backdrop
- Highlight the natural assets of Brown Hill for recreation and tourism
- Improve natural assets from an environmental perspective
- Ensure development is appropriate to Brown Hill
- Make the streetscapes of Brown Hill unforgettable and highly functional
- Deliver more open and public spaces to more residents.
The draft paper outlines three scenarios:
- A status quo where current development patterns are maintained but no land is rezoned
- A growth scenario where current development patterns are maintained, in addition to some land in emerging areas of Brown Hill being rezoned for more intensive residential use
- A balanced approach where some controls may be strengthened or added to, to create a better development outcome.
Now it’s your chance to tell us what you think. Does this scenarios paper include your vision for the future of Brown Hill?
To have your say, complete a short survey at mysay.ballarat.vic.gov.au. Community members can also contribute to the survey in person at The Phoenix, 25 Armstrong Street South or by mail addressed to City of Ballarat Strategic Planning – Brown Hill Local Area Plan, PO Box 655 Ballarat, Victoria, Australia 3350.